Strava provides the option for users to Deactivate their accounts, in order to remove all personal data and information from view in our system.
If you'd like to bulk export and save your activity data from Strava, you can follow these instructions prior to deactivation.
How Deactivation of your Strava Account works:
The following will occur upon deactivation INSTANTLY and CANNOT BE REACTIVATED:
- Personal information will no longer be accessible, such as your name, email, password, location and all other personal information that may exist on your account. This happens instantly, so your login information will no longer work when you are redirected to the Strava login page after deactivation.
- Uploaded activities on your account will be removed. This includes removing your rankings and times on all Segment Leaderboards. This may take a few moments to complete.
- Comments and Kudos you have created on your activities and other users activities will be removed.
- You will be removed from all Clubs and Challenges.
- You will be removed from all Following and Followers lists.
To Deactivate your Strava Account:
- Log into the appropriate account on Strava.com that you wish to deactivate
- Hover over your name in the upper right hand corner of the Strava page
- Choose "Settings," then find the "Privacy" tab from the menu listed on the Left
- Follow the instructions on the bottom of the page to deactivate your account
- It may take a few moments for all changes to occur on Strava
- If you have two separate accounts on Strava by accident, you can deactivate whichever account you would like to close, thus keeping the other Active. If you need help merging or transferring any data before you Deactivate a duplicate account, get help here.
- If you need help with your account Password in order to deactivate your account, see here.