We took full advantage of Wear 2.0’s innovative built-in GPS and wireless connectivity. You can record and upload a Strava activity – a full start-to-finish workout – without touching your phone. And it works whether you’re on Android or iOS.
- Setting Strava on your Android Wear 2.0 device
- How it Works
Settings up Strava on your Android Wear 2.0 device
- On your phone, install the Android Wear companion app (iOS, Android)
- On your watch, download the Strava app
- Open the Strava app on your watch. You will be prompted (on your phone) to authorize Strava for Android Wear to connect to Strava.
How it Works
- Open the Strava app on your watch
- The first time you record:
- You will be prompted to accept location and sensor data permissions and a safety warning
- Wait for a strong GPS signal. The GPS pin icon will go from empty to white when the device is ready to record. Please note this may take a few minutes.
- You can now update your Settings
- Select your Sport Type (Ride or Run,) change your Auto-Pause settings, choose your units of measurement
- You're ready to record an activity!
- While recording, use the button on the top-right of your watch to start, pause or resume the recording. Use the button on the bottom-right to manually mark your laps
You will able to see the following metrics and features when using the Strava app for Android Wear 2.0
- Average speed/pace
- Heart rate from your device's native sensor (third party sensors cannot be paired)
- Run splits
Swipe through the following screens:
Watch face complications
Strava offers three complications that can be added to your watch face. Choose from the following
- Launch Strava: Simply launch the Strava Android Wear app
- Record Activity: Begin recording an activity on Strava. You can also use this complication to pause or resume an activity recording that's already in progress
- Weekly Totals: Display weekly totals for a sport of your choosing. You can choose between displaying total time or total distance for the week
If you do not see a Strava listed an option, the complication may be too big. Strava only supports small complications.