Wahoo and Strava have partnered to bring Strava Live Segments to your ELEMNT device.
- Linking your accounts
- Selecting segments
- On your ELEMNT device
- More information on this topic
- Wahoo ELEMNT cycling computer
- Wahoo ELEMNT app
- Strava Premium
Linking your accounts
- During the setup of your ELEMNT, you can connect your Strava account.
- If you didn't enable syncing during setup, you can still link your accounts from your Profile.
- From your Profile page, tap Linked Accounts and you'll be see Strava listed.
- After that you will enter your Strava login information.
- Click Settings.
- Select 'Sharing accounts' from the left navigation.
- All of your starred segments will show up automatically in the Strava Live Segments folder on your ELEMNT after you connect your accounts. If you star another segment on Strava.com or in the mobile app, it will load on your device the next time you sync. You can star segments almost anywhere you can view them.
- Popular Segments based on your location settings will automatically be synced to your device.
- If you set a goal on a segment, it will load onto your device as well, along with an effort representing your goal time.
On your ELEMNT device
- You will be alerted when approaching the start of a segment that’s on your device, and when the segment starts.
- During the segment, you can choose which effort to be compared against. You will always be able to select the KOM/QOM, and you could also have your PR, your goal, or the time from a friend who’s a little faster than you. The default priority is as follows:
- Goal (If you have one set for the segment)>
- You will be notified when you complete the segment, and whether you beat the time you were competing against - but Strava.com has the final word.
- Segment notifications appear automatically, but you can cancel out of the live segment experience as it is happening by pressing the mute button.
- On your device, you can also temporarily disable individual segments or the entire live segments experience, or permanently delete some or all segments from your device. This will not affect your starred segments or anything else in your Strava account.
Why is my segment time different after I upload then it was on my ELEMNT?
Wahoo ELEMNT devices use a different algorithm for determining when a user starts and finishes a segment than Strava uses, which can affect the elapsed time reported for the segment. To ensure consistency between users, the times shown on the ELEMNT during an activity are preliminary, and the times shown on Strava after uploading are final.
Why didn’t one of my starred segments show up while I was riding it?
During a ride, if GPS signal is poor, it can be hard to determine whether a user is on a particular segment or not. After the activity is uploaded, Strava can examine the entire activity and more accurately determine which segments were ridden - including the ones that didn’t show up in real time.