Record GPS-based activities with the Strava iOS app
- Recording an activity
- Pause, save or finish an activity
- Other recording features
- App data usage
Recording an Activity
Navigate to the record screen by tapping the circular Record icon located in the middle of the dashboard. Strava will default to recording the activity type set in your Profile (Ride or Run), but you can change this by tapping the shoe or bike icon above the Start button.
- To begin recording, simply tap the Start button near the bottom of the screen.
- Toggle between the map and stats displays by tapping the pin icon (highlighted below)
- You can move the map and zoom in and out by pinching or dragging the screen. If you're recording a run, you'll see mile/kilometer markers along your path. Tap the target icon in the lower right-hand corner of the map to focus back on your position.
- You can tap on Splits (if you're recording a run) or Map to see your splits and progress in real time.
Pause, Save or Finish an Activity
Tap the square, stop icon to pause your activity. You'll then have the option to either Resume the recording or Finish it. You have a few options to remove resting time from your activity:
- It is not necessary to pause your recording while stopped unless you'd like complete control over your moving time. You must be consistent about pausing if you go with this option.
- If you'd like the app to auto-pause, the app will use GPS data or your phone's accelerometer to figure out when you're at rest. If you go indoors, you should manually pause or else the obstructed signal may trigger a false auto-resume.
- If you turn off auto-pause and don't use manual pause, we would do all of our calculations on the server side after the activity is uploaded. We'd use your GPS data to figure out when you were at rest/moving.
Pressing the Finish button will take you to the Save Activity screen.
- Set the activity Title, Activity Type, Description, Gear, and Privacy settings.
- Tap Save Activity to upload to Strava's servers - and be aware that if you tap Discard (and then confirm this choice) - there is no way for Strava to recover the activity.
- Your activity will appear on the Feed screen immediately and you’ll be able to view the full activity details after it is done syncing.
Other recording features
- Load a Route by tapping on the Record settings icon near the bottom left of the screen. Learn more
- Live Segments brings the experience of competing on a segment to your mobile phone. Learn more
- Live stats like speed, cadence, heart rate, and power will show real-time values instead of averages. Runs will still use average pace. (Premium Only)
- Connect biometric sensors like compatible heart rate, cadence, and power meters to the Strava app. Learn more
- You can choose to enable auto-pause for hands-free pausing or you can choose to leave auto-pause off and we will calculate your moving time when the activity uploads to our server. Learn more
- GPS strength indicator is a halo around your location indicating accuracy. The smaller the halo the stronger the GPS signal.
App Data Usage
While recording there is no data usage unless you're viewing the maps, or have Live Segments or Share My Activity Status turned ON. Otherwise, the app just uses GPS while recording. Once you've finished recording the app will need to transfer some data to sync the activity with the Strava servers. That's typically about 1MB for two hours of recording, so it's a pretty small amount. This can vary a bit based on GPS quality and usage of sensors such as heart rate straps, speed/cadence sensors or power meters. There will also be some very small amount of data transfer to update your Feed. Please note, however, that if you can wait for a wifi connection to sync the activity or view the Feed then you can prevent all cellular data usage.
My activities aren't being recorded correctly. The activities are missing a map or the map that was recorded doesn't match what I actually did.
There is likely an issue with your GPS connection. Refer to our article on troubleshooting GPS issues.
I hit save but the activity hasn't synced to my account.
Refer to our article on troubleshooting syncing.