Many athletes are experiencing syncing issues as a result of a significant worldwide GPS change that happened at midnight on April 6th. Please note, some athletes were not affected until August 17th or November 3rd, when their devices' "GPS rollover date" transitioned to the year 2000. You can read about the changes here and here. If your device's manufacturer did not release a software update to account for this change, your recordings may have failed to sync to Strava OR sync with the year 2002. If you are experiencing syncing issues:
- Check to see if the activity's year is 2002. Log on to Strava from a computer and select Training > My Activities. Toggle the date filter so that your activities are sorted by oldest to newest.
- If you do not see activities from 2002, please try exporting the activity from your device or 3rd party platform and manually uploading it to your Strava account using the instructions here.
- The Activity Uploads Successfully but you do not see it in your feed. The date of the activity is reverted to the year 2002 due to GPS rollover.
- The Uploads Shows a Future Time Code Error. The file is set for a future time which prevents the activity from uploading successfully.
- The Uploads Show a data error. The activities GPS that was recorded has numerous time code errors which have caused the activity to show as empty.
Unfortunately, we cannot fix activities with the year 2002 nor can we fix files that fail to upload altogether. Moving forward, please check to see if your device has any available software updates.