Viewing your Notifications
- Email Notifications
- Strava sends you an email for each notification.
- Email preferences can be adjusted (turned on/off) on the website from your Account Settings.
- Notifications in-web
- On the website, there is a "notifications" section that can be accessed when viewing any page on Strava.com. Simply press the bell icon located next to your profile image in the top-right corner.
- There is no way to disable these notifications.
- Notifications in-app
- On the mobile app there is a "notifications" tab, also a bell icon in the top-right corner, that can be accessed when viewing your dashboard.
- There is also the option for push notifications, which will show up in your notifications bar outside the Strava app.
- Push notification settings can be adjusted by navigating to Settings > Notifications and toggling individual notifications ON/OFF.
Types of Notifications
There are a few types of notifications that Strava sends:
- New Follower notifications (someones Follows you or requests to Follow you)
- Kudos notifications (someone has given you Kudos on an activity)
- Comment notifications (someone has commented on your activity, someone has replied to a comment you made on an activity, or someone mentioned you in a comment)
- Club notifications (when someone adds a message to a club discussion board)
- Segment notification - lost or tied KOM, QOM or CR (If you hold the top spot on a Segment Leaderboard and your time has been tied or surpassed)
- If you receive a "Lost KOM/QOM/CR" email that you believe reflects an illegitimate time, you can flag the activity.
- Notifications for lost KOM/QOM/CRs will be delayed by one hour to allow time for edits to be made after upload such as cropping, changing activity type, making private, or deleting.
- Segments with an overall negative grade will not generate a Lost KOM/QOM email or in-app notification. We want to nurture good behavior within the Strava community and felt that encouraging competition on downhill segments didn't fit very well with that objective.