Strava generates notifications for certain social or account activity.
Viewing your Notifications:
Notifications via email:
Strava sends you an email for each notification. Email preferences can be adjusted (turned on/off) by going to your Account Settings.
On the website there is a "notifications" section that can be accessed when viewing any page on Strava.com. Simply press the bell icon located next to your profile image in the top-right corner.
On the mobile app there is a "notifications" tab, also a bell icon in the top-right corner, that can be accessed when viewing your dashboard. There is also the option for push notifications, which will show up in your notifications bar outside the Strava app. The number of new notifications can be seen from the notifications tab when navigating to the Feed.
- New Follower notifications (someones Follows you or requests to Follow you)
- Kudos notifications (someone has given you Kudos on an activity)
- Comment notifications (someone has commented on your activity, someone has replied to a comment you made on an activity, or someone mentioned you in a comment)
- Club notifications (when someone adds a message to a club discussion board)
- Segment notification - lost or tied KOM, QOM or CR (If you hold the top spot on a Segment Leaderboard and your time has been tied or surpassed)
Things to Note:
- If you receive a "Lost KOM/QOM/CR" email that you believe reflects an illegitimate time, you can flag the activity.
- Notifications for lost KOM/QOM/CRs will be delayed by one hour to allow time for edits to be made after upload such as cropping, changing activity type, making private, or deleting.
- Segments with an overall negative grade will not generate a Lost KOM/QOM email or in-app notification. We want to nurture good behavior within the Strava community and felt that encouraging competition on downhill segments didn't fit very well with that objective.