As of May 25th, 2018, Strava provides the option for users to delete their accounts, in order to permanently and irreversibly remove all personal data and information from our system.
To Delete your Strava Account
By following this process, your account and data will be permanently deleted and our team will not be able to recover the account.
- If you need to cancel your Summit subscription, see here.
- Log into the account on Strava.com that you wish to delete.
- If you do not have access to the Strava account you wish to delete, you will need to reset your password.
- Hover over your name in the upper right-hand corner of the Strava page. Choose "Settings," then find the "My Account" tab from the menu listed on the Left.
- Select the option to “Get Started” under “Download or Delete Your Account.”
- You can request your data archive on the next page. Learn more about bulk exporting your data.
- Check the box to confirm that you’ve already downloaded your data or you do not wish to download your data.
- Select “Request Account Deletion.” You will receive a confirmation email where you can complete the deletion process. For this reason, it’s important that you have access to the email account attached to your Strava profile.
- If you need to change your email, see here.
- If you signed up via Facebook, the email address is the same as the one linked to your Facebook account.
If you accidentally created two separate accounts on Strava, you can delete whichever account you would like to close, thus keeping the other active. If you need help merging or transferring any data before you delete a duplicate account, get help here.
Segments and Routes
Private Segments and Routes will be removed along with your account but Strava retains perpetual license on your public Segments and Routes. Any public Segments and Routes you’ve created, including the current title, will remain on the Strava platform even if you delete your account.
- As always, we encourage you to refrain from using personally identifiable information in your titles.
- Your original activity and GPS data will no longer be linked to the segment and your activities will no longer appear on the segment leaderboards.
Your name and anything you’ve posted will be removed from Strava Clubs after you delete your account, however, any Clubs you’ve created will remain on Strava.
- The Club’s title, cover photo, and description will remain unchanged.
- Your status as the Club Owner will not be automatically transferred to another Club member when you delete your account.
- We encourage you to transfer ownership before deleting your account otherwise the Club will exist without an owner. More information can be found here.
- Clubs left without an owner cannot be deleted or add new admins.
- Clubs left without an owner or any admins cannot create new events or approve requests to join invite-only Clubs.